Saturday, August 28, 2010

Glass

I re-made the white glass necklace with copper-toned pearls and Venetian glass; accents are silver & copper beads, small pearls, and copper clasp.  Funny how the big pearls and the Venetian rounds make it so much more sophisticated.

I really liked these glass beads, they reminded me of leaves. I paired them with brown glass rounds and green glass Czech cylindrical beads, "pewties" spacers and a sterling leaf clasp to make myself a bracelet.  I made a necklace and earrings to match that I will add photos of later.

These are mixed glass bracelets. I was experimenting with the square and round shapes in summer colors.

I had a bunch of cobalt blue beads in numerous shapes; I love cobalt blue. I tried pairing drops, bicone crystals and flat round glass beads with crystals and sterling spacers and crystals. I liked it when I made it. Three months later I hated it so much I took it apart and still haven't done anything with the components.

I have a lot of glass beads still but have worked more with semi-precious gemstones. Documenting my artistic journey has made me want to go back and dig out the glass again!

No comments:

Post a Comment